Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flower Plantation

Today I visited a flower plantation where they grow roses for exportation. The pink and white ones are sent to Russia, and they wait until the stem is a full meter (3 ft) long before they cut it. The flowers were all so gorgeous, but were a lot more expensive than the ones on the streets. These ones are of the highest quality and are grown with only green methods. They take any plants they don´t use and turn them into fertilizer for the other plants. They also run cow manure through a huge strainer to create a liquid fertilizer. The flowers that were ready to cut were taller than I could reach with my hands, and they were the longest stems I had ever seen! Gorgeous flowers... They grow 52 different varieties for exportation to countries all over the world. It was a really awesome place to see, and I took so many photos I don´t know what to do with them all!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment