Sunday, June 14, 2009

First full day in Ecuador


I finally made it! Only an hour and a half to get through customs :( But I was warmly greeted by my Ecuadorian mother, Margarita, and went home to meet my sister Camila. They are wonderful! I had freshly made fruit juice with breakfast from a fruit I have never seen before, but it was delicious. Today is election day in Ecuador, so we went to go vote. It is mandatory here, and you are required to carry your voter confirmation card to travel and do other things. The streets were packed with voters! We had an amazing lunch of shrimp cebiche, and cheese and plantain empanadas. The food has been amazing so far. But not as amazing as the views! Quito is in the middle of/ on the edge of mountains. There are just incredible views, and my Spanish is already improving. I can´t believe how amazing this experience is and I am only on my first day! Classes start tomorrow, and on Tuesday we take a field trip to the Equator. Look for more pictures soon!
.

The view from the house!

Here is my room, it is big with my very own bathroom! You can see the street through the window.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! Looking forward to the photos!!

    ReplyDelete