Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To Pichincha

We took the telefĂ©rico (a little ski lift-like ride) up to a viewpoint of Pichincha, the biggest mountain in Quito, and is actually an active volcano. The view was phenomenal and certainly cannot be captured with my photos, but I tried anyway. It was breathtaking. In fact, that phrase took on an entirely new meaning today, at about 4 thousand meters above sea level, or about 13,123 feet. Just climbing up the stairs and walking up the little hills became far more difficult with the lack of oxygen. It is strange when a simple task becomes surprisingly strenuous. You could see even more of the sprawling city of Quito, and I just can´t believe how huge the city is. I still can´t get over how gorgeous the surrounding mountain are. And if this is as amazing as it seems, I can´t wait until we go to the jungle!!!





1 comment: